Plus Size Swimwear
Plus-Size Swimwear Has Never Looked Better
We believe that it’s worth celebrating each unique body–and every body can look beautiful in a swimsuit. That’s why we design functional, practical, and stylish swimwear made for your body shape. We also use UPF50+ fabric to offer the greatest protection against the sun’s harsh rays, no matter how long you stay outside.
Whether you’re taking the kids to the beach for the afternoon or heading to your local indoor pool to swim laps, you can find the perfect swimsuit at Shade Swim.
Tips Regarding Plus-Size Bathers
Having a plus-size figure is no reason to avoid swimsuit shopping. If you are no stranger to swimsuit-shopping meltdowns, take heart: today’s styles are widely varied and full of options for all body types. Here are a few tips for helping you discover a plus-size swimsuit that you’ll love for years to come:
- Embrace colour and prints. Basic black is a classic choice that looks amazing on all bodies. However, it’s far from your only option. Don’t be afraid to branch out and give colour a try. From colour-blocked patterns to bold, fun designs, there are lots of ways to incorporate colour into your beach wardrobe. Besides, patterns keep the eye moving and can draw attention to your favourite features when you choose them well.
- Shop outside your comfort zone. It probably feels natural to always gravitate toward the same type of swimsuit. After all, going with what you know is a comfortable way to do things. However, if you really want to give your look (and your confidence) a boost, consider trying something new. There are so many beautiful and flattering plus-size one-piece swimwear available now, as well as separate tops and bottoms, that every woman can find the perfect combination.
- Look for support. Support is key in a plus-size one-piece, especially if you have a larger bust. A well-designed swimsuit can make any figure look amazing. If you are buying separates, keep in mind that they may not need to be the same size: many women regularly purchase two different sizes in swimsuit tops and bottoms. As long as your swimsuit fits correctly and offers plenty of support, you’re going to look and feel your best every time you wear it.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Plus-Size Togs
Whether you’re looking for a plus-size rash vest, one-piece, or bikini, shopping for swimwear can be stressful. You can make the process easier and love the swimsuit that you buy when you avoid these common mistakes:
- Not knowing your body. Every person, regardless of size, has a unique shape and carries their curves in a different way. When you’re shopping for a swimsuit, it’s important to know your body’s shape, which features you’d like to flaunt, and which features you’d rather downplay. Try to identify at least one of each—for example, maybe you want to conceal your tummy but show off shapely legs. A plus-size one-piece may just do the trick.
- Not looking at product ratings and reviews. Reading what other people have to say about a particular suit can give you a better idea of what to expect. Reading reviews is one of the best ways to get honest feedback on any products that you buy online. For example, does the item run small or large? How does it hold up in the laundry? Are the colours similar to what the pictures on the website show? Which size does the user normally wear, and which size of this particular swimsuit fits them best? Review information can make it much easier for you to choose a swimsuit that you’ll end up loving.
- Avoiding certain styles out of fear. It may feel overwhelming, frustrating, or disheartening to try to find the right swimsuit for a curvier body. However, there are more body-friendly swimsuits available than ever before. At Shade Swim, we focus on designs that flatter everyone, from size 8 through 22. We believe that every woman deserves to feel amazing in her swimsuit–you, too. Go ahead and pick out a new plus-size swim shirt, one-piece, or bottom today.
About Shade Swim
At Shade Swim, we are passionate about sustainability, sun safety, and style. We offer timeless swimsuits that celebrate the female shape. Regardless of your size, we think that you should love and protect the skin that you’re in—that’s why all of our swimsuits are Australian made using a luxurious UPF50+ eco-friendly fabric. If you love to spend time outdoors enjoying the water, let our long-sleeve swimsuits protect you and keep you comfortable while you’re active.
We designed our swimsuits to fit you just the way that you are. For more information, feel free to contact us.